Chemical Storage Tank Fabrication
For over 25 years, T BAILEY INC. has been fabricating chemical tanks for the industrial and commercial sectors. Our vast experience and years spent in the field have elevated T BAILEY INC. as an industry leader among industrial-sized steel storage tank fabricators, a position built upon our proven track record of consistently exceeding the expectations of our clients.
Industries We Serve:
- Marine Fabrication
- Chemical Storage Tanks
- Water Storage & Wastewater
- Oil & Gas Storage Tanks
- Pulp & Paper Storage Tanks
Our Anacortes facilities are equipped with the latest, cutting-edge equipment, enabling us to execute every step of the chemical tank fabrication process within our facilities. We have dedicated teams and processes that handle each step, so whether you need design, fabrication, blasting, or painting — T BAILEY INC. is your one-stop-shop when it comes to crafting powerful shop-built, field-erected, and pressurized tanks.
From small single-walled tanks, to double-walled shop-built tanks over 100 feet long and 20 feet in diameter, whatever your chemical tank needs, we have the experience and capabilities to handle your request.
Chemical Steel Tank Capabilities
The fabrication experts here at T BAILEY INC. are able to produce an impressive range of shop-built, field-erected, and pressurized chemical tanks. Our processes are also extremely customizable, so we are able to tailor our capabilities and systems to meet the needs of more creative or demanding projects.
- Tank Types: shop-built, field-erected, and ASME pressure vessels
- Tank codes: API 650, ASME Section VIII – Div 1, & UL 142, F921 and 2085.
- Materials Used: Carbon steel and stainless steel
- Walls: Single and double-walled tanks
- Range of wall thickness: ~3/16 to 3”
- Working Position: Vertical or horizontal
- SSPC QP3 certification for painting
Chemical Tank Design and Engineering Services
One of the many advantages of working with T BAILEY INC. is that we are a start-to-finish tank fabricator. Our experts can handle every stage of the chemical tank production process, starting with design and engineering. We work closely with the best engineers in the Northwest to design a powerful chemical tank that meets your exact project needs.
Our design and engineering services include:
- Preliminary planning
- Conceptual design creation
- Performance and strength calculations
- Cost recommendations
- CAD modeling
Chemical Tank Fabrication Process
As soon as our engineers finish modeling your project, and you’ve cleared the design for production, our chemical tank fabrication division will spring into action. While the fabrication process for shop-built, field-erected, and pressurized tanks are all different, some of the shared processes might include:
- Cut and etch the steel plate using CNC plasma cutting machines.
- Bevel the weld seams as needed to provide a quality weld.
- Roll the plate into cylinders of the required diameter.
- Weld the longitudinal seam of the cylinder.
- Attach one head and join the cylinders to form the shell (hereafter applies only to shop-built and pressurized tanks).
- Attach the final head to the shell with single or tandem head welding manipulators.
- Cut nozzle locations into the tank and install nozzles.
- Attach additional hardware, lifting devices, or structural supports.
- Shop-built tanks and pressurized tanks are forward to T BAILEY INC.’s testing division, where the completed chemical tank will pass rigorous testing and quality control. Field-erected go thru their own set of quality control procedures.
- Shop-built tanks and pressurized tanks go to T BAILEY’s paint division for completion. All painting and coating requirements before we ship the completed product to the customer.
Depending upon the magnitude of the shop, the scope of the steps included above might change.
Chemical Tank Testing And Quality Control
Because welding quality is so important for chemical tanks, T BAILEY INC. has its own in-house API 653 Tank Inspector and AWS Certified Welding Inspector. We’ve also developed a robust testing process that ensures each tank we ship is able to pass the highest level of quality control.
Our quality control and testing includes (as required):
- Visual inspection and step by step monitoring of all processes to ensure the best possible quality
- Radiographic Testing (RT)
- Ultrasonic Testing (UT)
- Dye Penetrant Testing (PT)
- Magnetic Particle Testing (MT)
- Heat treating and stress relieving
- Hardness Testing
- Impact Testing
- Positive Material Identification (PMI)
- Leak Testing
- Environmental monitoring and reporting
- Soluble Salt Testing
- Full blast and lining profile measuring
- Dry film thickness testing
- Adhesion Testing
- Lining continuity (holiday) testing
AISC Blasting And Painting For Chemical Tanks
A major benefit of ordering your chemical tank from T BAILEY INC. is that we have our own state-of-the-art painting and blasting division that works within the same facility as our fabricators.
By blasting and painting your shop-built tank or pressurized tank within our facilities, we are able to begin the coating process in the early stages of fabrication. This ensures that your chemical tank receives the high performance coating required to increase its longevity.
Our AISC painting and blasting services include:
- Washing the steel prefabrication (per SSPC SP1) to eliminate salt, oils, and other contaminants.
- Machine or manual blasting to prepare the steel for coating.
- Metalizing with zinc or aluminum (if required).
- Prime and finish the coating and lining with epoxies, urethanes, zinc, enamels, and vinyl ester coatings.
Chemical Steel Tank Shipping Options
Our goal is to provide our clients with the easiest fabrication process possible. One of the ways we do this is by offering three different shipping options so that customers can choose the most convenient and cost-effective shipping solution for their project.
Our shipping options are:
- Rail: our facilities are located just 7 miles from our rail spur, allowing us to ship freight anywhere within the continental United States or Canada.
- Truck: we have our own team of expert truck drivers who can deliver chemical tanks to local sites. When shipping farther distances, or when transporting oversized loads, we partner with trusted outside trucking companies.
- Barge: we are located a short 5 miles from the deep-water port of Anacortes. So if you are located in Hawaii or Alaska, or if your job site has shore access, then we are able to ship your tank to you over the water.
Take a look at our related projects below or contact us about a future project want to start.
"T BAILEY is the single-most professional group I have worked with in a subcontracted situation – ever. I was impressed by T BAILEY's ability to do exactly what was committed to be done...you've raised the bar.”
Latest Blog Posts
What are you building?
We’re designed to perform custom fabrication of heavy structural and plate products, and can directly ship oversized loads via barge, rail, or truck to your location.Let's Discuss a Project