Here at T BAILEY INC., our marine fabrication division has been exceeding the expectations of our customers for nearly 30 years. Whatever your marine fabrication needs, our highly trained professionals will be able to get it fabricated for you.
Industries We Serve:
A unique ability that establishes T BAILEY INC. as an industry leader in the field of marine fabrication is how we have our own in-house industrial coating division. This means that we are able to complete every step of the fabrication and coating process for you. From design assistance to fabrication, coating to testing, T BAILEY INC. is your one-stop-shop for custom marine fabrication.
We Are Certified Marine Fabricators
An additional way that we at T BAILEY INC. maintain our position as an industry leading marine fabricator is by ensuring that we hold the highest level of certification. Our certifications include:
- AISC Certified Fabricator.
- SSPC QP3 certification for painting.
Our commitment to maintaining top-level certification is evidence of T BAILEY INC.’s expertise and ability to meet the demands of your project.
We Take Pride In Our Marine Fabrication Quality Control & Testing
We at T BAILEY INC. take pride in delivering products that are fully capable of meeting the demands of your project and are able to resist environmental conditions for decades to come. This is why we spare no expense for our quality control and testing division.
To ensure that our fabricated marine products are ready for delivery, our testing division will carry out the following exams (the exact tests used will depend on the kind of product you have ordered):
- Visual inspection and step by step monitoring of all processes to ensure the best possible quality
- Radiographic Testing (RT)
- Ultrasonic Testing (UT)
- Dye Penetrant Testing (PT)
- Magnetic Particle Testing (MT)
- Hardness Testing
- Impact Testing
- Positive Material Identification (PMI)
- Leak Testing
- Soluble Salt Testing
- Full blast and lining profile measuring
- Dry film thickness testing
- Adhesion Testing
- Lining continuity (holiday) testing
When you receive a steel fabricated marine product from T BAILEY INC., you can rest assured knowing that your order has met the highest levels of testing and quality control.
Custom Marine Fabrication Products From T BAILEY INC
We believe in consistently fabricating only the highest quality custom carbon steel products, some of the products we produce are:
Steel Ramp & Pontoon Systems For The Marine Industry
Our steel ramp and pontoon systems are fabricated from the highest quality carbon steel and are highly customizable so as to meet the unique demands of your job. Our ramp and pontoon capabilities are:
- Diameter: 4’ to 16’ in diameter.
- Length: 10’ to 100’ long.
- Design services: We do not offer total design services, but are happy to give you feedback on your designs and constructibility of the product.
If you are curious about the ramp and pontoon fabrication process, here is a brief explanation of the steps your product will go through:
- Our trained professionals cut the steel plate for your project with our CNC plasma cutters.
- The plate gets rolled into cylinders and the longitudinal seam is welded.
- Cylinders are assembled into their final section lengths and capped via state-of-the-art submerged arc welding process.
- The final product is blasted and coated to protect it from environmental conditions per your specified requirements. Many times this includes metalizing prior to application of the coatings.
- After rigorous testing and quality control, the steel ramp or pontoon system is shipped to your job site.
Pile Cap Frames With Interconnecting Pipe Sections
T BAILEY INC. fabricates the best pile cap frames in the Northwest — our in-house SNT-TC-1A Level II inspector ensuring full penetration of all welds where specified. We can fabricate pile cap frames for new or already existing structures and can customize our fabrication processes to meet the demands of your project. Our pile cap frame capabilities include:
- Joint thickness: Up to 3.5” thick.
- Diameter: 1’ to 10’ in diameter.
- Length: 10’ to 100’ long.
- Pile cap section weight: Up to and occasionally exceeding 200 tons (400,000 lbs).
Fabricating pile cap frames can be a massive process, sometimes requiring custom burning machines and further customizations depending on customer needs. In general though, pile cap fabrication flows in these steps:
- The steel plate is cut, etched and rolled into cylinders.
- If required, the material is formed.
- Our trained professionals use state-of-the-art welding processes, including submerged arc welding, to attach and weld the pieces together.
- The pile cap is coated per you specifications and our in-house NACE Level 3 Certified inspector makes sure that coating is applied to specification.
- Lastly, the final product is subjected to intensive testing and quality control before shipment to the job site.
Breasting Dolphin Caps
Breasting dolphin caps are integral in protecting a dock or pier from the kinetic energies of a moored ship. Here at T BAILEY INC. we are proud to fabricate the highest quality dolphin caps in the Northwest. Our dolphin cap fabrication capabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Thickness: ¼” to 4” thick.
- Length: 10’ to 30’ long.
Because dolphin caps are so vital to the longevity of a dock or pier, we work closely with your engineers to ensure that our detailed fabrication drawings produces dolphin caps that meet the demands of your project and exceed your expectations. The dolphin cap fabrication process typically flows in this order:
- Our skilled professionals cut and etch the steel plate.
- If required, the material is formed.
- Our trained professionals use state-of-the-art welding processes, including submerged arc welding, to attach and weld sections together.
- Our industrial coatings division blasts and coats the dolphin cap to ensure maximum protection from the harsh environment of the ocean.
- Lastly, the completed dolphin caps are subjected to intensive testing and quality control before shipment to the job site.
Steel Fender Systems
Pier fenders absorb the impact of berthing vessels and protect both the pier and vessel from impact damage. Here at T BAILEY INC., we fabricate powerful steel fenders that will help protect your dock or pier for decades to come. In terms of capabilities, we can fabricate fenders of any size.
Because each fender system is unique, we customize the fabrication process to meet the requirements of your order. The basic steps in fender fabrication are:
- Our trained professionals cut and etch the steel plate.
- Form the plate, if required, and weld seams.
- Pass the fender through our industrial coatings division for state-of-the-art blasting and coating.
- Subject the completed product to rigorous testing and quality control.
Shipping Options For Marine Fabrication Products
A benefit of working with T BAILEY INC. is that you have three shipping options to choose from when deciding how to get your marine industry product to the job site. Our Anacortes facilities are located just 5 miles from a deep-water port, 10 miles from an international interstate, and a short 7 miles from our rail spur.
Our shipping options are:
- Truck: we offer our in-house truck drivers for local job sites. For oversized loads or farther distances, we work with trusted third-party trucking companies.
- Rail: we have access to a rail spur that allows us to ship throughout the United States and Canada.
- Barge: if you are located in Hawaii or Alaska, we can deliver your product with barge or steamship.
We will help you select the ideal shipping option for your budget and project.
Once again, whatever your marine fabrication needs, we at T BAILEY INC. look forward to fabricating the project for you.
"T BAILEY is the single-most professional group I have worked with in a subcontracted situation – ever. I was impressed by T BAILEY's ability to do exactly what was committed to be done...you've raised the bar.”
Latest Blog Posts
What are you building?
We’re designed to perform custom fabrication of heavy structural and plate products, and can directly ship oversized loads via barge, rail, or truck to your location.Let's Discuss a Project