T Bailey, Inc. is an industry leader in fabricating fuel storage tanks. We have experience building a wide variety of fuel storage tanks, differing in size and location. Customer service and innovation are at the core of every T Bailey, Inc. project.
Fuel Storage Tank Fabrication
For three decades, we have served the Pacific Northwest, building fuel storage tanks in our local facilities or on-site. A fuel storage tank holds many different kinds of fuel: diesel, gasoline, kerosene, etc. both underground and aboveground. They will also be fabricated in varying sizes, from average gasoline tanks to huge aviation fuel storage tanks.
Fuel must be properly stored to conserve costs and protect the local environment. It is imperative to have a fuel storage tank that will endure as well as be functional for regular use.
T. BAILEY’s Fuel Storage Tank Capabilities
High quality is always a priority for T Bailey, Inc. We recognize the need for safety and reliability when it comes to fuel storage tanks. Due to our extensive experience fabricating and building fuel storage tanks, we have a range of capabilities that will cover your every need.
Fuel Tank Types, Sizes, and Design
Fuel storage tanks can be made in any size. Our team can make horizontal or vertical tanks, and customization options are possible. Many of the fuel storage tank projects we have completed in the past have been customized to a certain degree.
Fuel storage tanks, due to the nature of their contents, are made almost exclusively out of steel plates. Doing so extends the life of the storage tank and makes it safer.
Fuel Tank Codes
T Bailey, Inc. strictly adheres to all required codes and inspections when fabricating fuel storage tanks. More detailed information is below.
Our Safety Requirements for Fuel Tanks
To ensure the highest safety in all fuel storage tanks we fabricate, we have several safety requirements. The principal requirements include the following:
- Leak detection. All tanks will be tested for leaks.
- Liquid level gauge. Including a gauge is essential for long-term fuel storage by helping to keep track of the fuel inside.
- Overfill protection. When the tank reaches capacity, the overfill valve will close and prevent overflow.
- Secondary containment. These containment additions will be included to prevent or lessen any leaks, overfills, or other potentially hazardous happenings.
- Adequate lighting. For the regular maintenance of the fuel storage, lighting is very important to incorporate.
- Spill kit. Spill kits are typically included in smaller tanks, such as gasoline tanks.
- Tank roof access. Since the fuel storage tanks will need to be checked often, we recognize it is crucial to include easy access to the tank.
Our Fuel Tank Engineering & Design Process
From the beginning, our team will collaborate with you on the design process. It is important to know all the specifications, uses, and requirements before beginning, so we will work with you on creating an overall fabrication plan.
After the fabrication plans have been finalized, the fabrication process will begin. The general process is as follows:
- Metal preparation
The preparation and coating stages are dependent upon what the specific design entails. T Bailey, Inc. has its own in-house facilities for completing the entire fuel storage tank fabrication process.
Extensive Testing and Standard Quality Control
T Bailey, Inc. adheres to high standards of quality with both product and personnel. With regards to fuel storage tanks in particular, we follow these federal and international standards:
- API 650. Welded Steel Tanks for Oil Storage.
- API 620. Design and Construction of Large, Welded, Low-Pressure Storage Tanks.
- API 651. Cathodic Protection of Aboveground Petroleum Storage Tanks.
- API 653. Aboveground Storage Tank Inspector Certification Program.
- UL 142. Steel Aboveground Tanks for Flammable/Combustible Liquids.
The Quality Manager at T Bailey, Inc. is a certified API 653 Tank Inspector. All fuel storage tanks are thoroughly checked at every stage of fabrication.
T. BAILEY Also Provides Transportation Options
Once the project is completed, T Bailey, Inc. has several transportation options available. In the past, we have sent tanks by boat, train, and truck; however, it is the most common choice to send finished tanks or tank parts via truck.
T BAILEY, INC.: Where Safety & Quality are Top Priority
T Bailey, Inc. has an excellent team of professionals who are passionate about the industry. We use our experience and skills to fabricate superior quality fuel storage tanks with reliable safety standards. If you have any questions or would like to discuss a project with the team, please give us a call today!
"T BAILEY is the single-most professional group I have worked with in a subcontracted situation – ever. I was impressed by T BAILEY's ability to do exactly what was committed to be done...you've raised the bar.”
Latest Blog Posts
What are you building?
We’re designed to perform custom fabrication of heavy structural and plate products, and can directly ship oversized loads via barge, rail, or truck to your location.Let's Discuss a Project