Pipe Piling Capabilities
At T BAILEY INC., our process-driven fabrication experts produce a variety of pipe piling. Our capabilities are:
- Pipe Pile Codes: ASTM A252 and API
- Materials Used: Carbon steel
- Wall Thickness: 3/8” to 4”
- Length: 200+ feet
- Diameter: 36” – 180” +/-
- Ends: open-ended
Don’t see the specs you’re looking for? Contact us to hear how we can customize our processes for your project. At T BAILEY INC., we go to great lengths to meet the creative needs of our clients.
Pipe Piling Certifications
As a true industry leader in the Northwest, T BAILEY INC. holds the highest levels of pipe pile certification.
- DOT certification for Washington, Montana, Idaho, Oregon, California (Caltrans Class R and Class N), and Hawaii (HART).
- AWS D1.1 certification for welding.
- SSPC QP3 certification for painting.
- CWB certification with Canadian welding Bureau
Our dedication to maintaining the highest levels of certification is a testament to T BAILEY INC.’s ability to fabricate the best pipe piling in the Northwest. For more information about our pipe piling fabrication services, contact T BAILEY, INC. today.
AISC Painting & Blasting For Pipe Piling
One of the unique positives of working with T BAILEY INC. is that we do all of the blasting, coating, and painting your pipe piling needs in-house.
Our industrial coating division uses the same facility as our fabricators, meaning T BAILEY INC. can save you thousands of dollars by eliminating the need to transfer pipe piles to a separate coating company.
We begin coating treatments in the first stages of fabrication and continue until a pipe pile’s completion. This gives T BAILEY INC. pipe piles a massive longevity boost over companies who manually coat the steel after fabrication.
Our AISC painting and blasting services include:
- Prewashing the steel to eliminate contaminants, soluble salt, and oil per SSPC SP1.
- Machine or manual blast the steel to prepare for coating.
- Metalizing the piling with aluminum or zinc.
- Lastly, we prime and finish the coating and lining with epoxies, urethanes, zinc, enamels, and vinyl ester coatings.
T BAILEY INC.’s Pipe Piling Fabrication Process
As soon as we receive your pipe pile designs, our fabrication division will begin creating your pipe piling. Fabrication is usually carried out in these steps:
- Cut out and etch steel plate with CNC plasma cutters.
- Bevel the plate ends (if required) to ensure quality welding.
- Roll the plate into cylinders.
- Weld the longitudinal seam of the cylinder.
- Connect cylinders by welding the circumferential seam using our sophisticated submerged arc process.
- Forward the pipe pile to T BAILEY INC.’s testing division, where the completed pipe piling must pass rigorous inspection before shipment to the job site.
- If project specifies, the steel is blasted and coated to increase longevity.
Testing & Quality Control for Pipe Piles
T BAILEY INC.’s Director of Quality Assurance is an AWS Certified Welding Inspector and CWB Certified Welding Supervisor. He ensures that each pipe pile is able to meet our high quality standards and is also able to pass our intensive Inspection process.
Our testing capabilities include:
- Visual inspection and step by step monitoring of all processes to ensure the best possible quality
- Radiographic Testing (RT)
- Ultrasonic Testing (UT)
- Dye Penetrant Testing (PT)
- Magnetic Particle Testing (MT)
- Heat treating and stress relieving
- Hardness Testing
- Impact Testing
- Positive Material Identification (PMI)
- Leak Testing
- Hydrostatic Testing, up to 2,500 psig
- Environmental monitoring and reporting
- Soluble Salt Testing
- Full blast and lining profile measuring
- Dry film thickness testing
- Adhesion Testing
- Lining continuity (holiday) testing
When you receive pipe piling from T BAILEY INC. you are receiving the best quality pipe piling in the Northwest. Our process-driven professionals ensure that your pipe piling is fabricated from the finest steel, subjected to extreme testing, and is able to support your deep foundation for decades to come.
Pipe Pile Shipping Options
T BAILEY INC.’s fabrication and coating facilities are located only 7 miles from our rail spur, 5 miles from the deep-water port at Anacortes, and just 10 miles from the interstate. Our near proximity to these delivery options allows you to choose the most budget-friendly shipping option for your pipe piling.
Our shipping options are:
- Rail: Access to rail spur allows for ship anywhere in the continental United States and Canada.
- Barge: if you are located in Hawaii or Alaska, we can deliver your pipe piling via barge or steamship.
- Truck: we have our own expert truck drivers who can deliver completed pipe piles to local job sites. For farther distances or oversized loads, T BAILEY INC. coordinates with skilled third-party trucking companies.
To help you choose the best shipping option for your project and budget, we will provide you with a cost analysis of each of the available options.
Pipe Pile Project