Pulp & Paper Storage Tanks
For over 25 years, T BAILEY INC. has been providing the pulp and paper industry with long-lasting, dependable shop-built and field-erected tanks. We also perform tank repairs and maintenance on existing tanks during periods of shutdown and turnaround. Our expertise, built on a solid foundation of experience, has established T BAILEY INC. as an industry leader among steel tank fabricators in the Northwest.
Industries We Serve:
- Marine Fabrication
- Pipeline Transportation
- Chemical Storage Tanks
- Water Storage & Wastewater
- Oil & Gas Storage Tanks
- Pulp & Paper Storage Tanks
Our professionals are well trained and have the ability to erect tanks in tight and difficult to reach spaces, as well as running work environments. We fabricate API 650 and API 620 tanks and employ qualified individuals who help to interpret API 650 & API 653 data and reports. We work directly with project engineers and/or contractors on site to ensure your project turns out to your complete satisfaction. Your aboveground storage tank(s) are built and/or repaired as specified and in conformance to code requirements.
We equip our facilities with state-of-the-art equipment which enables us to complete each stage of the pulp and paper tank fabrication process. Whether you need design, fabrication, blasting, or painting — T BAILEY INC. is your one-stop-shop when it comes to crafting robust steel tanks.
Pulp And Paper Steel Tank Capabilities
At T BAILEY INC., our fabrication specialists are able to create a wide array of field-erected and shop-built tanks. Our fabrication process is also customizable, which allows us to tailor our systems to meet the requirements of more creative tank projects. Our capabilities are:
- Kinds of tank: shop-built and field-erected tanks, including:
- Black Liquor Tanks
- Green Liquor Tanks
- Batch Digester Tanks
- Filtrate Tanks
- Caustic Storage Tanks
- Blow Down Tanks
- Tank codes: API 650, API 620, API 653, UL 142, F921 and 2085
- Materials used: carbon steel and stainless steel
- Walls: single and double-walled tanks
- Range of wall thickness: ~3/16 to 3”
- Working position: vertical or horizontal
- Head assembly method: welded or bolted flange
- Head geometry: flanged and dished, flared, semi-elliptical, or hemispherical
T BAILEY INC.’s Pulp And Paper Tank Certifications
We proudly hold the highest level of pulp and paper tank certification. Our roster of certifications include:
- API – 620, 650, and 653.
- SSPC QP3 certification for painting.
- UL 142, F921, and 2085.
Pulp And Paper Tank Design and Engineering Services
An advantage of partnering with T BAILEY INC. is that we have the capability to execute every step of your tank’s fabrication journey, start to finish. And we start with design and engineering.
If you would like to work with fabricator that can design or make design recommendations for your project, look no further than T BAILEY INC. We work closely with the best engineers in the region to make sure you receive a durable tank that will function perfectly and last for years.
Our design and engineering services include:
- Preliminary planning
- Conceptual design creation
- Performance and strength calculations
- Cost recommendations
- CAD modeling
How We Fabricate Pulp And Paper Tanks
Once you approve the design our engineers submitted, our pulp and paper tank fabrication professionals will start production. While the fabrication process is a bit different for our shop-built and field-erected tanks, here is an explanation of what goes on during shop-built tank fabrication — so as to give you an idea of what our process is like:
- Cut and etch the steel plate using CNC plasma cutting machines.
- Beveling of the weld seams as needed to provide a quality weld.
- Roll the plate into cylinders of the required diameter.
- Weld the longitudinal seam of the cylinder.
- Attach one head and join the cylinders to form the vessel shell
- Attach the final head to the pressure vessel with single or tandem head welding manipulators.
- Cut nozzle locations into the pressure vessel and install nozzles.
- Attach additional hardware, lifting devices, or structural supports.
- Pass the tank on to our testing division, where your completed tank will have to pass rigorous testing and quality control before being cleared for shipment.
Testing And Quality Control For Pulp And Paper Tanks
To ensure that our tanks surpass the expectations of our customers, we pass them through an intensive testing and quality control process, led by our in-house CWB Certified Welding Supervisor and AWS Certified Welding Inspector.
Our quality control and testing includes:
- Visual inspection and step by step monitoring of all processes to ensure the best possible quality
- Radiographic Testing (RT)
- Ultrasonic Testing (UT)
- Dye Penetrant Testing (PT)
- Magnetic Particle Testing (MT)
- Heat treating and stress relieving
- Hardness Testing
- Impact Testing
- Positive Material Identification (PMI)
- Leak Testing
- Hydrostatic Testing, up to 2,500 psig
- Environmental monitoring and reporting
- Soluble Salt Testing
- Full blast and lining profile measuring
- Dry film thickness testing
- Adhesion Testing
- Lining continuity (holiday) testing
AISC Blasting And Painting For Pulp And Paper Tanks
A powerful advantage of working with T BAILEY INC. is that we have an expert painting and blasting division in-house. By having us fabricate and coat your tank, you save thousands of dollars by not having to ship the tank to a separate coating company.
Another benefit of working with a fabrication company that coats in-house is that we start the coating process in the early phases of fabrication. This helps your pulp and paper tank get an extra durable coat, increasing its longevity.
Our AISC painting and blasting services include:
- Washing the steel prefabrication (per SSPC SP1) to eliminate salt, oils, and other contaminants.
- Machine or manual blasting to prepare the steel for coating.
- Metalizing with zinc or aluminum.
- Prime and finish the coating and lining with epoxies, urethanes, zinc, enamels, and vinyl ester coatings.
Pulp And Paper Tank Shipping Options
At T BAILEY INC., we provide our customers with three different shipping options. The gives you the flexibility to choose the most cost-effective and convenient option for your job site.
Our shipping options are:
- Rail: our fabrication facility is located a short 7 miles from a rail spur, which gives us the ability to ship our tanks anywhere in the continental United States or Canada.
- Truck: we have our own team of expert truck drivers who can deliver chemical tanks to local sites. When shipping farther distances, or when transporting oversized loads, we partner with trusted outside trucking companies.
- Barge: we are located just 5 miles from the deep-water port at Anacortes. So if you are located in Hawaii or Alaska, or if your job site has shore access, then we are able to ship your tank to you over the water.
"T BAILEY is the single-most professional group I have worked with in a subcontracted situation – ever. I was impressed by T BAILEY's ability to do exactly what was committed to be done...you've raised the bar.”
Latest Blog Posts
What are you building?
We’re designed to perform custom fabrication of heavy structural and plate products, and can directly ship oversized loads via barge, rail, or truck to your location.Let's Discuss a Project