T BAILEY INC.’s Casing Pipe Capabilities
Our process-driven fabrication division can produce a wide range of steel casing. Our capabilities are:
- Casing Pipe Codes: ASTM A252 and API
- Materials Used: Carbon steel
- Diameter: 36” up to 180”
- Wall Thickness: 3/8” up to 4”
- Length: Up to 240’+
Don’t see the specs you’re looking for? We at T BAILEY INC. pride ourselves on being able to accommodate even the most creative of steel casing requests. Contact us today to hear how we can tailor our processes to meet your needs.
Pipe Casing Certifications
At T BAILEY INC. we are constantly striving to improve our services. One way we do this is by making sure we maintain top level certification.
- DOT certification for Washington, Montana, Idaho, Oregon, California (Caltrans Class R and Class N, and Hawaii (HART).
- AWS D1.1 certification for welding.
- CWB Certification for the Canadian market.
- SSPC QP3 certification for painting.
Our certifications demonstrate our dedication to fabricating the best steel casing available.
AISC Painting & Blasting For Casing Pipe
A huge benefit of working with T BAILEY INC. is that we can meet all of your blasting, coating, and painting needs in-house.
T BAILEY INC.’s industrial coating division uses the same location as our fabricators, meaning we can help you come in under budget by eliminating the need to ship casing to a different facility for blasting and coating.
Our trained professionals will begin blasting and coating from the very first stage of the fabrication process and will continue until your casing is completed. This comprehensive coating gives T BAILEY INC.’s steel casing a huge longevity bonus over companies who only coat the steel after fabrication.
Our blasting and AISC painting processes include:
- Prewashing the steel to eliminate contaminants, soluble salt, and oil per SSPC SP1.
- Machine blasting or manual blasting the steel to prepare the surface for coating.
- Metalizing casing with aluminum or zinc.
- Prime and finish the coating with zinc, urethanes, enamels, epoxies, and vinyl ester coatings.
Our Steel Casing Pipe Fabrication Process
As soon as we receive your casing steel pipe specs, our fabrication division will get to work forming your casing. Casing fabrication is usually carried out in these steps:
- Cut and etch steel plate with CNC plasma cutters.
- Bevel the plate ends (if required) for ensuring a quality weld.
- Roll the plate into cylinders.
- Weld the longitudinal seam of the cylinder.
- Form cylinders into pipe by connecting and welding the circumferential seams using our sophisticated submerged arc process.
- Blast and coat steel to make casing impervious to environmental conditions.
- Forward the casing pipe to T BAILEY INC.’s testing division, where the completed casing must pass rigorous testing and quality control before getting shipped to the customer.
Testing & Quality Control For Pipe Casing
T BAILEY INC.’s Director of Quality Assurance is an AWS Certified Welding Inspector and CWB Certified Welding Supervisor ensuring each pipe casing is able to successfully pass our comprehensive testing process as well as meet T BAILEY INC.’s high quality standard.
Our testing process includes:
- Visual inspection and step by step monitoring of all processes to ensure the best possible quality
- Radiographic Testing (RT)
- Ultrasonic Testing (UT)
- Dye Penetrant Testing (PT)
- Magnetic Particle Testing (MT)
- Heat treating and stress relieving
- Hardness Testing
- Impact Testing
- Positive Material Identification (PMI)
- Leak Testing
- Hydrostatic Testing, up to 2,500 psig
- Environmental monitoring and reporting
- Soluble Salt Testing
- Full blast and lining profile measuring
- Dry film thickness testing
- Adhesion Testing
- Lining continuity (holiday) testing
When you receive steel casing from T BAILEY INC. you are getting the highest quality available. Our process-driven fabrication experts ensure that your steel is fabricated from the highest quality steel, subjected to intensive testing, and is able to protect your buried cables, drains, and bores for decades to come.
Casing Pipe Shipping Options
T BAILEY INC.’s steel casing fabrication facilities are located just seven miles from a rail spur, five miles from the Anacortes deep-water port, and a short ten miles from the interstate. Our close proximity to these delivery options gives you the ability to choose the best shipping option for your project and job site.
Our shipping options are:
- Rail: Access to rail spur allows for ship anywhere in the continental United States and Canada.
- Truck: we have our own expert truck drivers who can deliver completed casing pipe to local job sites. For farther distances or oversized loads, T BAILEY INC. coordinates with skilled third-party trucking companies.
- Barge: if you are located in Hawaii or Alaska, we can deliver your casing pipe via barge or steamship.
To help you choose the best shipping option for your project and budget, we will provide you with a detailed cost analysis of each of the available options.